The following steps apply to appropriate fiscal officers responsible for approving the procurement card transactions.
1. Click located in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Log into the KFS as necessary.
A pre-populated PCDO document appears.
4. Complete the common financial transaction tabs.
5. Modify the information in the Accounting Lines tab.
The reconciliation process might include the following activities:
• Verify each transaction against the original receipt
• Review purchase for adherence to the institution's policy
• Change object code from the default object code to one that accurately reflects the charge incurred. Make account redistribution decision and change as needed. Sub-accounts, sub-object codes, or project codes can also be added.
• You may also add additional accounting lines to divide the transactions between several different accounts.
6. Click .
The PCDO document cannot be disapproved. Disputes or discrepancies must be referred to the bank's online dispute process discussed earlier in this section. A credit arising from a disputed transaction appears as a negative amount in the PDCO document when the dispute is resolved.
7. Review the General Ledger Pending Entries tab.
Expenses related to procurement cards are held on a clearing account until redistributed using the PCDO document. The pending ledger entries show this clearing account being appropriately credited, though the account does not otherwise display on the document.
8. Review the Route Log tab.
The document is routed to the fiscal officer for each account used in the Accounting Lines, if other than the fiscal officer initiating the PCDO document. Otherwise the PCDO document follows the organization review routing rules. In either case, the Route Status shows 'ENROUTE'.
9. Appropriate organization reviewers must approve the document.
For information about the Route Log tab, see Route Log.