2. Log into the KFS as necessary.
3. Complete the standard tabs. Complete the Accounting Lines tab as follows:
• Encumbrance Section: Accounting lines entered on the Encumbrance side of the document generate new encumbrances on the specified accounts.
• Disencumbrance Section: Accounting lines entered on the Disencumbrance section of the document reverse existing encumbrances on the specified accounts.
• Lines on the Disencumbrance section require a Ref Number which identifies the document number of the previous pre-encumbrance that needs to be removed. Disencumbrances entered in the PE document would only be used to remove an encumbrance previously established with a PE document.
4. Complete the Pre-Encumbrance Details tab.
5. Click .
6. Review the General Ledger Pending Entries tab.
7. Review the Route Log tab.
For information about the Route Log tab, see Route Log.
For more information about how to approve a document, see Workflow Action Buttons.