To create one or more new assets when moving an amount from expense to capital, you work in both the Accounting Lines for Capitalization tab and the Create Capital Asset tab. Proceed as follows:
• If multiple lines are to be applied in the same proportion to the same assets, select all appropriate lines.
• If different lines are to be applied to different assets, or if the same lines are to be applied in different proportions to the same assets, select a single line for processing.
2. Select the appropriate distribution method for the selected line(s).
3. Click .
The system opens the Create Capital Asset tab and displays the System Control Amount and System Control Remainder Amount near the top of the tab.
4. In the Create Capital Asset tab:
• Add all required information for the new asset.
• Add other information for the asset as appropriate. To add tag or location information, click or and enter data as needed.
5. To add more assets for the accounting line(s) you have selected in the Accounting Lines for Capitalization tab, return to that tab and repeat steps 3 – 4.
As asset information is created for the selected accounting lines, the System Control Remainder amount is reduced in the Create Capital Assets tab and account amounts are updated in the Accounting Lines for Capitalization tab. The system also updates the value in the Percent column in the Accounting Lines for Capitalization tab. The percent displayed is based on the total of the selected lines. When the total of the distributed amounts reaches the System Control Amount, the system sets the System Control Remainder Amount to zero and grays out the selected accounting lines.
6. After creating all assets to which the selected accounting lines apply, click in the Create Capital Assets tab.
Failure to click before processing a new accounting line causes the previously selected accounting line(s) to be inserted into the new asset.
7. To add assets for other accounting lines, repeat steps 1 – 6 as needed.