The following business rules apply to tickler transactions:
• When you add a Tickler record, the system automatically updates the Tickler Number field with the next sequential record number. You cannot change this entry and it is not displayed on the screen, but you may use it to generate a custom ticklers report.
• The Tickler Type Code and Tickler Frequency values must already be defined in the system.
• You must enter either a Tickler Frequency value or a Tickler Next Due Date value, but you may not enter both.
• If you do not enter a Tickler Frequency value, the system assumes that this is a one-time reminder so you must enter Tickler Next Due Date value.
• If you enter a Tickler Frequency value when creating, copying, or editing this e-doc, the system automatically updates the Tickler Next Due Date value according to the frequency if a frequency was specified.
• When you create a tickler, the system automatically enters the current date in the Tickler Entry Date field. You cannot change this entry.
• Tickler End Date is not a required field.
• If you mark a tickler as inactive, the system automatically populates the Tickler End Date based on the current date.
• Any KEMID, security ID, group name, and/or recipient person specified must already be defined in the system.
• Each active tickler must reference at least one active recipient person or group.
• Each active tickler may reference multiple recipient persons and/or groups.
• If you mark a tickler as inactive, the system automatically marks all associated info in the Tickler KEMID, Tickler Security, Tickler Recipient Person, and Tickler Recipient Group tabs as inactive.
• When the system displays results in the Ticker Lookup screen, the active indicator selection applies only to the tickler record, not to the information in the tabs for KEMID, security, person, and group. If you enter a KEMID, security or recipient person or group as a search criterion for the tickler, the system does not check the active indicator on these tabs.
• When the Active indicator is changed to 'No' for a KEMID, security, person or group, you may still view the record via the detail inquiry function. In edit mode, the system displays all records (both active and inactive) so you can re-activate records as needed. In both cases, you may hide all inactive records in the tab if you wish.
• You cannot copy the information in the Tickler KEMID, Tickler Security, Tickler Recipient Person, and Tickler Recipient Group tabs. When you create a new tickler by copying an existing Tickler record, you must add the information in these tabs.
• If you re-activate a Tickler record, the system revalidates the data for it and reports any errors so you may correct them. Whenever a tickler is re-activated, the system checks to ensure that the Tickler End Date value is greater than the current date.