In addition to the standard business rules for endowment transactions, the following business rules apply to holding tax lot rebalance transactions:
• You may edit the number of units in each tax lot. The total number of units before the change must equal the total number of units after the change.
• You may edit the carry value in each tax lot. The total carry value before the change must equal the total carry value after the change.
• Only positive values may be entered.
• You may bring the value of units and carry value to zero in a tax lot, but you cannot create a new tax lot with the e-doc.
• If you make one of the values zero, both MUST be zero (that is, if the units are zero, the carry value must also be zero and vice versa).