In addition to the standard business rules for endowment transactions, the following business rules apply to GL to Endowment transfer transactions:
• When you initiate the e-doc, the system sets the Transaction Sub Type to 'Cash.' You cannot change this value.
• This e-doc cannot be reversed. To reverse a transaction, you must generate a new transfer with the required information.
• The system tracks totals separately in the From and To transaction line sections The totals are updated and shown in the space below each section as you add each line.
• Multiple entries are allowed in either or both the From and To line sections of the e-doc.
• You may import line entries into the From and/or To line sections.
• You must make at least one entry into each line section (From and To) of the e-doc.
• Each accounting line must have a valid object code for the GL entry(ies).
• For the GL lines:
o Object codes belonging to the object types of 'Expense not Expenditure' and 'Income not Cash' may not be used on a transfer of funds document.
o The chart specified must be valid and active.
o The account must be valid and active, it must be associated with the chart, and it must not be expired.
o If a sub-account is specified, it must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the account and chart in combination.
o The object code must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the fiscal year and account's chart.
o If a sub-object is specified, it must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the object code, account, chart, and fiscal year in combination.
o The project code must be valid and active.
• In order for a document to be submitted successfully, the total amount in the From section must equal the total amount in the To section.
• In the standard workflow, the fiscal officer of the General Ledger account(s) in the GL accounting lines is a final approver. This individual may modify the General Ledger lines (as is standard throughout KFS).
• Only General Ledger entries are allowed in the From lines.
• Only KEMID entries are allowed in the To lines.
• The system performs no balance verifications on the General Ledger account from which funds are transferred.
• When you add a transaction line, the system checks to see whether the Etran code affects corpus. If it does, the system updates the KEMID's corpus value accordingly.