In addition to the standard business rules for endowment transactions, the following business rules apply to Endowment to GL transfer transactions:
• When you initiate the e-doc, the system sets the Transaction Sub Type Code to 'Cash.' You cannot change this value.
• This e-doc cannot be reversed. To reverse a transaction, you must generate a new transfer with the required information.
• The system tracks totals separately in the From and To transaction line sections The totals are updated and shown in the space below each section as you add each line.
• You must make at least one entry into each line section (From and To) of the e-doc.
• Multiple entries are allowed in either or both the From and To line sections of the e-doc.
• For the Accounting Lines tab:
o Object codes belonging to the object types of 'Expense not Expenditure' and 'Income not Cash' may not be used on a transfer of funds document.
o The chart specified must be valid and active.
o The account must be valid and active, it must be associated with the chart, and it must not be expired.
o If a sub-account is specified, it must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the account and chart in combination.
o The object code must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the fiscal year and account's chart.
o If a sub-object is specified, it must be valid and active, and it must be associated with the object code, account, chart, and fiscal year in combination.
o The project code must be valid and active.
• In order for a document to be submitted successfully, the total amount in the From section must equal the total amount in the To section.
• Only KEMID entries are allowed in the From lines of the e-doc.
• Only General Ledger entries are allowed in the To lines of the e-doc.
• When you add the transaction line in the From section, if the KEMID specified has a permanent restriction code and if the transaction is for principal, the system displays a warning message in the transaction line indicating that this transaction will reduce the value of the endowment.
• When you add the transaction line in the From portion of the transaction lines, the system checks to see if there are sufficient funds to process the transaction. If there are insufficient funds, the system displays a warning message in the document transaction line.
o For an income transaction, the system verifies against total available cash.
o For a principal transaction, the system verifies against available principal cash.
• When you add a transaction line, the system checks to see whether the Etran code affects corpus. If it does, the system updates the KEMID's corpus value accordingly.