• The asset(s) in the Asset Detail Information tab are flagged as retired, with the retirement reason of 'M' (Merged). The system creates a record in the CM_AST_DIST_T table. This table keeps track of the asset number into which the retired asset was merged and the date it was merged.
• The system moves payments from the retired asset(s) to the asset number in the Target Asset Information tab and adds offsetting payments to the merged asset. The offsetting payments have a document type of 'AMRG.'
• Only active capital assets can be merged.
• When an asset is retrieved the system checks to see if the asset is locked by another transaction. A Transfer, Retirement, Asset Manual Payment, Financial Document, or pending invoice in CAB will lock an asset.
• All salvage amounts of the assets being retired are moved to the target asset as well.