o The asset must exist in the database, and
o the tag must be attached to the equipment, and
o the tag number must be entered in the Asset document.
• When an asset is retrieved on the Equipment Loan/Return document, the system checks to see if the asset has a pending asset transfer (AT) asset retirement (AR) document, or if an existing equipment loan/return (ELR) document is pending. If a document is pending, the edit will not allow the user to issue the loan or return document.
• The value for Last Inventory Date will automatically be updated to that of the Loan Date.
• When issuing a document to place the equipment on loan, the Equipment Loan/Return document requires a borrower ID. The borrower ID must be a valued user ID in the Universal ID table.
• When issuing a document to place the equipment on loan, the Equipment Loan/Return document requires a complete borrower address (Street Address, City, State, Postal Code, and Country). This requirement is only on for the Borrower Address; the Stored at Address is not required.
o The state code is validated against the Postal State Code table.
o The country is system-assigned to 'US' if not pre-set by the user.
• If the asset is untagged, the Loan action is not available in the Actions column. (The 'loan' action is not underscored for the asset number.) Similarly, the Loan link is not available if the asset is already on loan.
• An asset can be identified as currently on loan when an expected return date exists and the return date is NULL.
o If the asset is not on loan the word 'loan' is underscored in the Actions column.
o If the asset is actively on loan the words 'renew' and 'return' are underscored in the Actions column.
• Expected Return Date rules:
o When issuing a document to place the equipment on loan, the Equipment Loan/Return document requires an expected return date.
o When issuing a document to place the equipment on loan, the expected return date cannot be more than two years from the loan date.
o The expected return date cannot be earlier than the loan date.
• The equipment loan return date is required when issuing an Equipment Loan Return document.