• When the Receiving document is submitted, the Qty Received and Qty Damaged are updated on the purchase order with the Qty Received - Qty Returned and Qty Damaged values on the Receiving document.
• When the Receiving document is submitted, all line items that have no receiving activity are deleted from the document.
• The system does not allow the Qty Received, Qty Returned, or Qty Damaged to be less than 0.
• Notes in the Notes and Attachments tab are used to record any additional detail about damaged goods.
• If Qty Returned or Qty Damaged is > 0 on any line item, a note is required when the document is submitted.
• After the document has been submitted, a correction document needs to be processed to reduce or increase the quantity received, returned, and/or damaged if the original entered amounts are determined to be in error.
FYI routing is not possible for unordered items because there are no accounts associated with them. The unordered item generates a purchase order amendment so that accounts and unit costs can be added to the PO. When Purchasing completes the purchase order amendment, an FYI will be sent to the fiscal officer at that time.