Purchase Order Split
The Purchase Order Split (POSP) document allows you to divide line items into two different POs. When you split a PO, the original PO remains and an additional PO is created. You must enter a reason when initiating the PO split. When the status become FINAL and the Purchase Order Doc Status becomes Open, the requisition initiator and fiscal officer(s) receive an FYI. This is his or her notification that the purchase order was split and FINAL
The document layout of the POSP document is identical to that of the original PO, with a Purchase Order Split document title and an additional notation regarding the status in the Document Header. A notation also displays at the top of the PO document, such as 'Warning: There is a pending action on this Purchase Order.'
G/L Pending Ledger entries are generated after the PO document is submitted. These entries include the encumbrances for the transaction and the appropriate offsetting entry. After the nightly batch jobs run to post the G/L entries, these pending entries no longer display here.
• A PO may only be split if it is In Process.
• To split the PO, there must be more than one line item.
• The process requires that at least one line item exist on each resulting PO.
• You cannot split line items from a PO that was generated from a split. Only the original PO includes the button.
• The document becomes 'FINAL' when the POSP document is submitted and approved.
1. Use PO Search to find the PO that you want to split and open it.
2. Click split order.
The system displays the split order button only if the PO contains at least two line items.
Only the original PO includes the button, so it is not possible to split line items from a PO that was generated from a split.
3. Enter the reason for splitting the PO.
4. Click .
The system displays the Split a PO tab.
5. In the Move to Split? column, check the line items to be moved to the new PO.
7. Click .
The system displays a new PO. The line items have been carried over from the previous screen automatically.
8. Enter information in other tabs as needed.
9. Submit the new PO just as you would any other PO.
A note on the Route Log tab records the split.