The format of the .cvs file varies depending on the document type. The desired template file for the document may be accessed directly from the document you are working in.
The import lines button is located in the upper right corner of the applicable tab.
1. Click .
The system displays additional buttons such as Browse, add, and cancel import.
2. Click the question mark icon to the right of the Accounting Lines section header.
The system opens the Data Import Templates overview that explains the import rules and format requirements.
3. Open the template file that corresponds to the type of financial transaction document you are working on.
The system provides a template for each document type (in some cases, multiple document types use the same template).
4. Save the template to your computer as an Excel workbook.
5. Add data to the file.
field headings are marked with an asterisk and appear in red.
6. If the file is to be used again in the future, save the file as an Excel workbook (don't delete the headers yet). If the file is not to be used again, skip this step.
7. Delete the header rows at the top.
8. Save the file again, with a new name, in .csv format.
9. Click and locate the file you have created from your computer.
10. From the Choose File window, select the .csv file to be imported and click .
11. Click .
The screen displays the imported data.
12. When finished, archive or delete the .csv file.
When the file is needed again:
1. Open the saved Excel workbook with the data from Step 5 above.
2. Edit the file as necessary.
3. Follow steps 6 - 12 above.